St Bart’s has yet again celebrated tremendous success with outstanding GCSE results. We are delighted that 85% of all grades achieved were at C and the new grade 4 or better. With 36% of grades awarded A* and A and grades 9 -7 in the new qualifications, students have excelled. We are also pleased that 57 or our students gained at least eight A* and A grades or 9-7 grades.
With new qualifications and new grading in English and Mathematics this year, it is not possible to make comparisons with previous years. However, over 81% of students achieved five or more A*-C grades, including English and Mathematics at Level 4 or better, which allows our students to progress with confidence to the next phase of their education.
The vast majority of these students are continuing their education at St Bart’s studying A Level courses where they have been joined by a record number of students from other schools, attracted by the outstanding facilities, flexible courses and excellent results.
GCSE 2017 – The Highlights
- 81% of students achieved five or more A*-C grades, including English and Mathematics at Level 4 or better, which is our highest ever result
- 85% of students achieved both English and Mathematics at a Level 4 or better
- 36% of all grades were A*/A grades of 9-7
- 57 students gained at least eight A*/A grades
A Level Results – 2017
This year we celebrated yet another set of exceptionally strong A Level results with great individual achievements. The average point score per entry rose and these achievements have allowed the vast majority of St Bart’s students to continue their studies at their chosen universities, with many securing places on highly competitive courses at top universities including taking up Oxbridge offers and Medicine.
A Level Results 2017 – The Highlights
- 25 students achieved three or more A*/A grades
- 28% of all grades achieved were A*-A, above the national average
- 80% of all grades achieved were C grade or better