DANCE LEADERS UK LEVEL 1 AWARD IN DANCE LEADERSHIP
The Award in Dance Leadership is an award for students under 16 which allows them to lead dance activities in the community. The award uses dance to help people develop vital skills for life such as planning and organising oneself and others, teamwork, communication and motivation.
- You need to be passionate about dancing
- You must have dance experience
- You need to have shown a keen and enthusiastic approach to dance at KS3 and a good behaviour record.
Students will be required to support school clubs, extra curricular activities, House dance competition and lead dance sessions at local Primary schools.
- Plan, lead and review a dance activity.
- Developing leadership skills.
- Lead activities that promote a healthy lifestyle.
- The relationship of music to dance.
- Use a stimulus to create a dance piece.
- Opportunities in dance.
Please note class size is limited and students should think carefully about their second choice.