SPORTS LEADERS UK LEVEL 2 AWARD IN SPORTS LEADERSHIP
The course aims to give students an appreciation of what is required to lead a good sports session. Run over Year 10 and Year 11, it can lead to the Community Sports Leader Award which is offered in the Sixth Form.
- Students need to be passionate about sport
- Students need to have a good record of behaviour as they will be representing the school during Primary school visits
- Students need to have shown a keen and enthusiastic approach to sport at KS3
- Plan, lead and evaluate a sport/activity session.
- Developing leadership skills.
- Lead activities that promote a healthy lifestyle.
- Making activity sessions inclusive.
- Positive role models in sport.
- Organise and deliver a sports event or competition.
- Pathways in sport and recreation.
- Using Leadership skills.
Students assist in PE lessons, at extra-curricular practices, with House events and attend a Primary school to put their leadership skills into practice.
Please note class size is limited and students should think carefully about their second choice.