We expect that each individual will actively contribute towards achieving the school’s aims.
- The school values every individual equally and aims for them to:
- fulfil their potential, now and in later life
- develop confidence, self-esteem and decision-making skills
- enjoy and value learning
- develop personal responsibility and respect
- The school seeks to foster learning by creating:
- a calm and friendly atmosphere which encourages and promotes high personal standards
- a healthy, safe and secure environment
- a stimulating and inspiring learning environment which values academic achievement
- structures which recognise individual achievement
- The school lies at the heart of its community and aims to:
- promote open and effective communication
- foster a sense of community among all employees, students, parents and governors
- work co-operatively with the business community to make the curriculum relevant to its students
- work co-operatively with feeder schools and other educational institutions to
- promote curriculum continuity and appropriate pastoral care
If we are all committed to achieving these aims, the school will be an exciting, stimulating, hard-working, challenging and successful institution.
To encourage the achievement of these aims, we have developed our ‘Bart’s Values’, which reflect core principles we believe are essential to success. At St. Bart’s we expect all members of our school community to be brave, ambitious, respectful, trustworthy and safe so that we can all be the best that we can be.