The Arts Award in Art is an award for young people from 11 to 25 years; which allows them to develop their interest in Art through technique classes, leading Art workshops, researching artists, and attending exhibitions. The Arts Award aims to develop talent, new experiences, teamwork and leadership skills, communication and organisation.
- You should have an interest in Art
- You must be motivated to work hard and complete homework tasks
The Arts Award Course in Art offers you the opportunity to gain a Bronze Arts Award in Year 10, and to develop your own Art Challenge in Year 11.
The Bronze Award involves:
- Take part in regular Art classes developing your skills, knowledge and interest in Art.
- Have the opportunity to attend an Art exhibition, reviewing your experiences.
- Researching an artist, you have an interest in.
- Lead a short Art Workshop to a key stage 3 class.
Evidence is required for each part; this is presented in a portfolio.
The Art Challenge involves:
- Setting yourself a challenge in an area of Art that interests you.
- Creating an action plan showing how you will achieve your challenge.
- Investigating artists and current practitioners relevant to your challenge.
- Exploring materials, techniques and composition arrangements for art outcomes.
- Making Art outcomes.