ST BARTHOLOMEW’S PARENTS’ ASSOCIATION
St Bartholomew’s School Parents’ Association (PA) warmly welcomes you to our school. All parents are automatically members of the Association and you are welcome to attend our meetings and events, where we value your feedback and suggestions. We are always looking for new, fun and interesting fundraising ideas!
What do we do?
The PA organises a variety of events throughout the year to engage with students, parents and school, forging links between students and their families, but also the Leadership Team, Teaching Staff, Support Staff and Governors. Importantly, we also raise money to support the school and to strengthen our school community.
Events include: the Christmas Craft Fair, Family Quiz Night, Disco for new Year 7 students, and many more.
We also run a second-hand uniform shop (located just inside the Student Entrance) every Friday afternoon in term time from 2.45–3.30pm (please contact us if you would like to use it but are unable to come in at that time). Donations of uniform can be left with school reception at any time (no white shirts, footwear or out of date items please).
Every year, we invite all departments and school clubs to make a bid for the PA funds raised. This year, with your support and generosity, we have raised £11,000! Among other things, this has gone towards:
- House awards and rewards
- A cricket bowling machine for the PE Department
- A computer-aided-design embroidery machine for the Textiles Department
- Equipment for the Dungeons & Dragons Club
- Support for the Manga Club
- Equipment for Y7 and Y8 Design & Technology club
How can you help?
Being part of the PA is extremely rewarding and there are several levels of involvement:
- Attend our events with family and friends.
- Help at one of the events. Parent support is vital to keep our events running. No contribution is too small. Even if you can only help out at one event during the school year, it makes a huge difference, and ensures we can continue to offer experiences that the whole school community can enjoy.
- Join the PA Committee. Help plan events and allocate funds, meet other parents and gain a further insight into the school. Meetings are friendly and informal, occurring just every half term during term time. You are not obliged to attend them all. If you would like to get involved, please come to any of our meetings. There is no need to let us know in advance – just turn up at school reception.
- Match funding. Please make it known to the PA (email address below) if you can apply for match funding via your employer. This can make a massive difference to the support we can offer the school to enhance the education of your children.
Forthcoming events in the autumn term (dates to be confirmed):
- Parents’ Association AGM
- Year 7 Disco
- Christmas Gift and Craft Fair
PA Committee Members
|S. No.||First Name||Last Name||Role Name|
Please see the Headteacher’s Report that was shared at the most recent PA meeting (Autumn 2023)
Parents contact details are passed to the Parents Association if consent has been given on the “Student Entry Form”
Your privacy is very important to us and all your information collected will be handled responsibly. You can view our Privacy Notice or contact our Data Protection Officer at DPO@stbarts.co.uk for further information or if you wish to withdraw your consent.