The PE Department is in the General Education Faculty. The department consists of ten full-time PE staff and one technician.
In 2011 the PE Department moved into a outstanding brand new sports complex which includes, a large staff office, changing rooms, theory class room with interactive whiteboard, gymnasium, extended length sports hall, fives courts, multi use games area and a full size synthetic turf pitch.
- There are also lacrosse, football, rugby, rounders, cricket (2 squares) and softball pitches situated on these two sites.
- There are lacrosse pitches and an athletics track at Browns Meadow and extra football and rugby pitches at Enborne Road. Both areas are approximately ½ mile from the school.
- The school has a strong tradition in inter-school sport and has a demanding fixture list both in mid-week and Saturday fixtures. The school is particularly successful in rugby, lacrosse and football with both junior and senior teams competing to high standards.
- The school also runs representative teams at all age levels in netball, cross country, football, rounder’s and athletics for girls, and football, cricket, tennis and athletics for boys.
Inter-House events take place in almost all activities and these are run by the PE department for all age groups, many at ‘A’ and ‘B’ team levels from Year 7 to Year 13
- There is an extensive programme of lunchtime and after-school clubs which are open to all students covering almost all curriculum areas.
- The department also offer a range of sports trips and over the last few years examples are that we have run lacrosse tours to America, football tours to Spain and smaller trips to watch netball and cricket fixtures.